Cloburn Quarry is located in Lanark, South Lanarkshire and known as one of the UK’s largest mainland quarries supplying high quality red granite aggregates to customers throughout the UK, Europe and the Far East.
- Cloburn have a fleet of Printers onsite but only one has a fully inclusive maintenance contract. In addition, running costs for coloured copies are high and toner is ordered and stored on site taking time and effort to administer.
- Several hundred invoices per month which are manually matched with a purchase order, sent to correct departments for approval then manuallykeyed into Sage 50. This whole process is labour intensive and costly.
- Customers frequently require weighbridge tickets as POD before payment. Retrieval can be frequent and time consuming but scanning the current preprinted stationary for quick access is not an option as print quality is not good enough. Delayed payment is placing a burden on cash flow.
- Document Data Group installed a new fleet of printers with automatic toner replenishment on all machines and a Tiered Billing Structure for coloured prints.
- We replaced the current weighbridge tickets with a professional laser printed ticket printed on pre-collated coloured paper. No more inflated costs using pre-printed stationary.
- Installation of an Electronic Document Management System which extracts information from each invoice and indexes it electronically for future retrieval. The EDMS is also used to store a PDF of each weighbridge ticket. Future searches to find invoices for suppliers or POD via the weighbridge ticket is prompt and efficient..
“We wish we had implemented these changes years ago!”
Commercial Manager Stuart Clingan said
“What a fantastic service we received from Document Data Group. Douglas took the time to understand our business and with the assistance of the software team at Document Data Group they came up with a solution which was tailored to suit our needs. We now have fully functioning Printers all the time through the automatic toner replenishment and peace of mind that all machines are now in a service contract. We are saving several hours per week keying in invoices and matching proof of delivery slips (weighbridge tickets). The system is so efficient, we wish we had implemented these changes years ago! Long term, stage 2 of this process will be to move on from scanning the POD’s to electronic data transfer via tablets.