In today’s fast pace business world documents play a vital role in many interactions. As a business accessing documents quickly is critical, traditional filing cabinet storage methods are no longer sufficient.
In addition, you are responsible for the safe keeping of all documents especially those containing personal data such as HR records and client records. These should be stored securely, only accessed by those authorised to do so and removed when no longer required.
Are you aware of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force in May 2018. Check out the Scottish Business Resilience Centre website for further information.
Document Data Group are delighted to have won the Filestream UK No1 reseller of the year award 2017. We as a business pride ourselves in our knowlesge of Document Management Systems and the benefits they can have to your business especially in light of the General Data Protection Regulation. (GDPR).
A Document Management System (DMS) can improve information managment within your business and help towards compliance with GDPR.
There are 5 key features of DMS:
- Improved Security: all data stored is encrypted
- Role based access control: ensure staff only have access to the files required to do their job
- Retention Control: Did you know CV’s must not be kept for any longer than is necessary? Using a DMS settings can be put in place for documents to be destroyed when they reach a particular age.
- Revision & Version Control: the system can clearly highlight the most up to date versions of a document. This can be critical in particular industries when working with tenders or proposals. Using an out of date document can cost a company in terms of lost tenders or underestimating the costs involved in contracts which are won.
- Audit Trail & Traceability: A DMS can give full visibility of when a document entered the system, who has seen it and any amendments that have been made.