Document Management Scotland
In today’s fast pace business world, Document Management has a vital role. Accessing documents quickly is critical, meaning that traditional filing cabinet storage methods are no longer sufficient and have become obsolete.
In addition, you are responsible for the safe keeping of all documents especially those containing personal data such as HR records and client records. These should be stored securely, only accessed by those authorised to do so and removed when no longer required.
Are you aware of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force in May 2018. Check out the Scottish Business Resilience Centre website for further information. Please contact us if you have any questions about how we can help with Document Management.
A Document Management System (DMS) can improve information managment within your business and help towards compliance with GDPR.
There are 5 key features of a Document Management System:
- Improved Security: all data stored is encrypted
- Role based access control: ensure staff only have access to the files required to do their job
- Retention Control: Did you know CV’s must not be kept for any longer than is necessary? Using a DMS settings can be put in place for documents to be destroyed when they reach a particular age.
- Revision & Version Control: the system can clearly highlight the most up to date versions of a document. This can be critical in particular industries when working with tenders or proposals. Using an out of date document can cost a company in terms of lost tenders or underestimating the costs involved in contracts which are won.
- Audit Trail & Traceability: A DMS can give full visibility of when a document entered the system, who has seen it and any amendments that have been made.
Document Management Systems from Document Data Group.